Registration of Overseas Births
- The person requesting to be registered as a Guyanese National must be born on or after May 26, 1966.
- At least one (1) parent whose name is recorded on the Statement of Live Birth or Foreign Birth Certificate must be a Guyanese by birth
- Original Birth Certificate (s) and Original Statement of Live Birth if born in Canada or a Foreign Birth Certificate if born in another country, which will be retained by the Consulate.
- Birth Certificates not registered in English, must be accompanied by an official and original translation.
- Original Birth Certificate(s) and passport(s) of the Guyanese parent(s)
- Valid photo identification of the applicant
- The processing time is one (1) week
- Fee: $50.00 CND cash or money order made payable to the Consulate General of Guyana
The applicant requesting to be registered as a Guyanese National is required to:
- Submit the Completed Registration of Overseas Application Form in person. Minors are required to be accompanied by the Guyanese parent(s). In cases where the Guyanese parent(s) are not present, the legal guardian is required to produce a duly notarized authorization from at least one Guyanese parent.
- Ensure that all supporting documents are attached
- Ensure that the Guyanese parent(s) name (s) is/are recorded on the foreign birth certificate.
N.B. Registered Guyanese Nationals are eligible to apply for a Guyana Machine Readable Passport.